MONCTON, New Brunswick (AP) — A man accused of luring over 2,000 young boys worldwide into removing their clothing and performing sexual acts in online videos faces new charges, Canadian police said Thursday.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police Sgt. Jean-Marc Paré said the man appeared in court Thursday to face five additional charges related to child pornography and exploitation. He previously pleaded guilty to producing child pornography, sexual assault and making child pornography available. His name is subject to a court-imposed publication ban intended to protect the identity of the victim related to the original charges.
Police said the man is accused of posing as a teenage girl to convince young boys to send him images and videos of a sexual nature of themselves. He then distributed the images and videos online. Police said most of the thousands of victims were boys between the ages of 10 and 16 years from Canada, the United States, England, Ireland, Scotland, the Netherlands, Australia, Russia, Ukraine, Belgium, Norway, Germany, France and Latvia.
Police said the alleged offences happened from at least January 2012 to the fall of 2014.