JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — The latest on explosions in downtown Jakarta (all times local):
Several hundred people gathered near the Starbucks cafe that was targeted in Thursday's deadly attack in Indonesia, in a vigil intended to show solidarity. Foreign ambassadors also joined the event.
Some people held up banners saying "We Are Not Afraid." Many held flowers and placed them near the spot where a bomb exploded.
One man waved a sign in English saying, "Indonesia United, We're not scared, we fight terrorism."
Indonesia's president has visited the scene of Thursday's deadly attack in Jakarta's business district. The visit was aimed at conveying the message that things had returned to normal.
Thronged by media, President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo briefly toured the area Friday and spoke to workers in the Sarinah department store, the city's oldest, which was at the heart of the audacious assault by suicide bombers that killed two people and the five attackers.
Jokowi said: "The most important thing, thank God, is that yesterday, in a very short time - three to four hours - the situation was brought under control."
Earlier Friday, police said the attack was funded by the Islamic State group. They arrested three men on suspicion of links to the plot and seized an IS flag from the home of one of the identified bombers.
Indonesia's national police chief Gen. Badrodin Haiti says all activities of the group responsible for the Thursday attack in Jakarta were funded by the Islamic State movement.
He says the operations were funded through Bahrun Naim, an Indonesian who was arrested in 2011 and spent one year in jail for illegal possession of weapons before going to Syria to fight alongside the group.
Five men attacked a Starbucks cafe and a traffic police booth with hand-made bombs, guns and suicide belts, killing two people — a Canadian and an Indonesian — and injuring 20. The attackers also were killed, either by their suicide vests or by police.
Haiti identified one of the five suspects as Sunakim. Hewho was once sentenced to seven years in prison for his involvement in the military-style terrorist training in Aceh. He was released early.
National police spokesman Anton Charliyan has told reporters a black IS flag was found at the home of one of the Jakarta attackers and police believe they have established their identities.
He says two of the five men were previously convicted and imprisoned for terrorism offenses. He did not release any names.
Five men attacked a Starbucks cafe and a traffic police booth with hand-made bombs, guns and suicide vests Thursday, killing two people and injuring 20. All the attackers were killed.
The scene of the attack, in Jakarta's downtown business area, has been sealed off with metal fences. Traffic was flowing normally on Friday morning.
Police have told an Indonesian TV channel that they have arrested three men on suspicion of links to the attack in Jakarta.
Depok area police chief Col. Dwiyono told MetroTV that the men were arrested at dawn at their homes in Depok on the outskirts of Jakarta.
Dwiyono, who goes by one name, says the men are being questioned over possible links to the attack Thursday that killed seven.
MetroTV broadcast footage of the handcuffed men being escorted by police.
The secretary general of the United Nations has condemned the bombings and gun attacks in Jakarta and expressed "his solidarity with the government and people of Indonesia."
A statement released by Ban Ki-moon's spokesman said the secretary general "reaffirms that there is absolutely no justification for such acts of terrorism. He hopes the perpetrators of today's attacks will be swiftly brought to justice."
Thursday's attack in central Jakarta left seven dead, five were the attackers and two were civilians — and Indonesian and a Canadian.