KOZLUK, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) — Forensic experts say they found a mass grave in northeast Bosnia most likely containing victims' remains from the 1995 Srebrenica massacre.
Eldar Jahic, an investigator of Bosnia's prosecution office, said Monday that the grave was found thanks to satellite images of an area near the village of Kozluk.
Jahic says it seems to be a grave where victims of the massacre were buried in July 1995 and then some of them relocated to another site in September in order to hide the crime. So far, incomplete remains from around a dozen different bodies were found.
The victims are presumed to have been systematically executed by firing squads.
Bosnian Serbs killed more than 8,000 Muslim men and boys after they overran Srebrenica at the end of Bosnia's 1992-95 war.