Tunisia explosion death toll rises to 13

AP News
|
Posted: Nov 25, 2015 7:01 AM
Tunisia explosion death toll rises to 13

TUNIS, Tunisia (AP) — Tunisia's Interior Ministry says the death toll in an explosion targeting the presidential guard has risen to 13, and the attacker or attackers remain unidentified.

Ministry spokesman Walid Louguini told The Associated Press on Wednesday that another body was discovered in the charred remains of a bus carrying presidential guards that exploded in central Tunis on Tuesday. The body has not been identified yet.

Louguini could not confirm or deny Tunisian media reports that the body could be that of a suicide bomber who jumped on the bus right before the bomb exploded.

Troops fanned out around the capital and the president declared a month-long state of emergency after Tuesday's attack. The blast rattled the country after two major attacks by Islamic extremists that targeted tourist sites earlier this year.