LONDON (AP) — The co-owners of a dog poisoned after appearing at Britain's premier dog show say they are "extremely disappointed" in the way the show's organizers handled events after the dog died.
The dog's breeders in Britain and Belgium acknowledged in a statement that the true facts surrounding the death of the Irish Setter, Jagger, may never be known. But they criticized the Kennel Club, the organizers of the Crufts show, for failing to help them with the "media circus that ensued."
Toxicology tests show Jagger was poisoned with a fast-acting insecticide. The dog died late March 6, a timeframe that rules out the possibility of poisoning at Crufts on March 5.
The Kennel Club did not respond immediately to requests for comment Wednesday.