DAKAR, Senegal (AP) — The World Health Organization says that an Ebola outbreak in Congo is thought to have killed 35 people of the more than 60 sickened.
Congo, the site of the world's first recorded Ebola outbreak, has had several flare-ups of the disease over the years. Officials say the current outbreak is not related to another taking place in West Africa blamed for the deaths of more than 2,200 people.
The U.N. health agency said Thursday that the Congo outbreak is concentrated in one county, and all of the 62 people believed to have contracted Ebola so far have been linked to one initial case. It said isolation units have been set up in each of the four affected villages, in a remote area of the Central African country's northwest.