LONDON (AP) — The second of two suspects in the vicious slaying of a British soldier was discharged from a hospital Friday and taken to a London police station, police said.
The Metropolitan Police said the 28-year-old man would be interviewed by counterterrorism detectives on suspicion of murder and the attempted murder of a police officer.
The suspect, Michael Adebolajo, was hospitalized after being shot by police during the May 22 attack.
Adebolajo is one of two main suspects in the killing of Lee Rigby of the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, who was hacked to death in a south London street as he returned to his barracks.
The other suspect, 22-year-old Michael Adebowale, has been charged with murder.
Adebolajo was seen on video taken at the site saying the attack was revenge for Western governments' actions in Muslim lands.
Queen Elizabeth II met with colleagues of the slain soldier Friday on a visit to Woolwich barracks, where he was based.
Also Friday, police investigating the slaying arrested two men, a 42-year-old and a 46-year-old, on suspicion of involvement in supplying illegal firearms.
And a man arrested after giving an interview about his friendship with one of the suspects was charged with three terror offenses.
Ibrahim Abdullah-Hassan — who also goes by the name Abu Nusaybah — was arrested last week following a BBC interview in which he said British security services had tried to recruit Adebolajo.
Police have said that the 30-year-old Nusaybah's arrest wasn't directly tied to Rigby's killing.
On Friday, Scotland Yard said he has been charged with three offenses — which relate to filmed recordings of lectures and written text — that allegedly encouraged acts of terrorism.