Britain's Foreign Office says that a British embassy convoy has been attacked in eastern Libya.
The Foreign Office says that all staff are accounted for following the Monday afternoon attack in the city of Benghazi.
It would not say if anyone had been injured or comment on the nature of the incident, but added that the Foreign Office is working closely with Libyan authorities.
Last week, attackers set off a bomb next to a wall of the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.
The incident underlined the unstable security situation in Libya more than seven months after rebels ousted dictator Moammar Gadhafi, who was eventually killed.