The wife of a wounded British photographer expressed relief Tuesday that he was spirited out of Syria _ even as she expressed concern for other journalists still trapped in the besieged city of Homs.
Kate Conroy, wife of injured photographer Paul Conroy, described the news of his departure as "superb," but declined to comment further for fear of jeopardizing anyone else.
"I just don't want to do anything that would put anyone's life at risk," she said.
Paul Conroy, who works for Britain's The Sunday Times newspaper, was smuggled out of the central city of Homs after a Feb. 22 attack that killed two other Western reporters but the fate of a French reporter injured in the same bombardment is not clear.
The Syrian opposition group Local Coordination Committees and the global activist group Avaaz said Conroy had been whisked to safety in neighboring Lebanon. Britain's Foreign Office also confirmed he was safe and well in Lebanon.
French reporter Edith Bouvier of Le Figaro newspaper was also wounded in the attack, but authorities in France on Tuesday could not immediately confirm details of her whereabouts.
Marie Colvin, 56, a veteran correspondent for The Sunday Times, and Frenchman Remi Ochlik, 28, a photojournalist, died in that rocket attack in Homs.