Yemen defense minister survives bomb attack

Reuters News
|
Posted: Sep 27, 2011 5:39 AM

ADEN (Reuters) - Yemeni Defense Minister Mohammad Nasser Ali survived an attack on his convoy when a car packed with explosives was detonated, a local security official in the southern city of Aden said on Tuesday.

The blast, which injured seven soldiers traveling in the first vehicle in the convoy, had been set off by remote control, the official said, adding that the defense minister was in the second car.

(Writing by Isabel Coles; Reporting Dhuyazen Mukhashaf)