2nd UK tourist attack suspect in Kenya court

AP News
|
Posted: Sep 21, 2011 8:56 AM
2nd UK tourist attack suspect in Kenya court

A second suspect has been charged in connection with the deadly attack on a British couple on vacation on a remote Kenyan island near Somalia.

Issa Sheikh Said on Wednesday denied to a court that he was involved in the attack that left tourist David Tebbutt dead and his wife Judith kidnapped earlier this month on the Kenyan coast. Police have charged Said with robbery with violence and kidnapping.

Ali Babitu Kololo, the first suspect to be charged with involvement in the attack on the couple, told a court on Monday that the armed men forced him at gunpoint to cooperate. He said he voluntarily went to the police the next day to report the crime.

After the attack the gunmen fled north by boat to Somalia, where the woman is being held.