A Ugandan judge has convicted two suspects over bombings last year that killed 76 people in the East African nation.
Judge Owiny Dollo on Wednesday convicted Edris Nsubuga and Muhamoud Mugisha after they pleaded guilty Tuesday to involvement in the July blasts in Uganda's capital. Nsubuga said he detonated one of the bombs with his mobile phone. Mugisha said he helped plan the attack with the al-Qaida-linked Somali militant group that claimed responsibility.
They will be sentenced Friday. The other 12 suspects pleaded not guilty.
Dollo on Monday dropped charges against five of 19 suspects, including a Kenyan human rights activist.
Somalia's al-Shabab said the bombings, which targeted people watching the World Cup final, were in retaliation for Uganda's participation in the African Union's peacekeeping mission in Somalia.