Some 30 Vietnamese children have been hospitalized after eating disinfectant accidentally mixed with milk during snack time at an unlicensed preschool.
Dr. Huynh Thi Nguyet Phuong of the General Hospital in Thuan An town in southern Binh Duong province says the 3-year-old children suffered Chloramine-B poisoning Friday. Three were seriously ill with vomiting and convulsions, but all were released by Monday.
Monday's online VietnamNet newspaper quoted teachers as saying they accidentally gave the children disinfectant powder dissolved in water with milk instead of cereal powder.
Chloramine-B is used as a cleanser and to prevent waterborne diseases.