More flooding in central and south China has killed another seven people over the past three days, the government said Wednesday, as seasonal rainstorms batter the country.
Torrential rains that have lashed several southern regions since Monday have forced about 88,000 people in six provinces to leave their homes, the Ministry of Civil Affairs said.
The heavy rains are expected to last until Friday, weather agencies said.
Flooding since the beginning of June has left more than 170 people dead or missing.
On Wednesday, the government allocated 130 million yuan ($20 million) for disaster areas in central Hubei and Hunan provinces, the official Xinhua News Agency said.
The funds will be used to resettle residents, buy daily necessities, provide pensions for families of the dead and rebuild houses, Xinhua said.
As of late Tuesday, some 53,000 people had been moved from their homes in Hubei's Xianning city, where downpours raised the level of a river by 16 feet (5 meters), Xinhua reported. Previous heavy rains in the city had already caused widespread damage and left dozens dead and more than 100 injured.
In the city of Chongqing on the upper reaches of the Yangtze River, flooding toppled 120 houses but no casualties were reported.
The rain has eased a lingering drought there, but 223,000 residents lack clean drinking water, said Yan Yonghui, vice director of the city's flood control center, according to Xinhua.