South Africa says Libya has agreed to help find the remains of a South African photographer slain while covering fighting in the north African country.
Tuesday, a day after President Jacob Zuma's peace mission to Libya, the government said Zuma discussed photographer Anton Hammerl with Moammar Gadhafi.
South African foreign affairs spokesman Clayson Monyela says bringing Hammerl's body home for burial is his government's priority. South African officials have accused Libyan leaders of misinforming them about Hammerl, assuring them for weeks after his death that he was alive.
Hammerl's death was confirmed May 19 by journalists. Hammerl's colleagues had been held by Gadhafi's forces since the shooting in early April, and had been afraid to speak of his death until they were safely out of Libya in May.