German prosecutors say they are investigating the death of one of the world's most-wanted Nazi suspects who passed away in November before he could be brought to trial.
Bonn prosecutor Robin Fassbender said Monday that a doctor had ruled that Samuel Kunz died of natural causes at age 89, but that an attorney involved in the case had expressed doubts and had asked for an autopsy.
Fassbender says that's now complete but the results cannot be released until the investigation is finished.
Kunz had been indicted on charges he was involved in killing hundreds of thousands of Jews as a guard at the Belzec death camp.
The Simon Wiesenthal Center listed Kunz last year as the world's third most wanted Nazi.