South African police say they will charge a man with murder for slaying three people with an ax in a weeklong rampage.
Brigadier Phindile Radebe said Wednesday a 34-year-old man was arrested late Monday at his home in the eastern city of Durban and would appear in court on Thursday. She says the suspect also attempted to slay a fourth man, but he escaped.
Radebe said an ax was found at the home of the suspect, who could not be identified.
She says the killings took place on different days last week and the bodies of the victims _ all young men _ were discovered with ax wounds.
Police did not rule out the possibility of more victims, saying the investigation was "ongoing."