BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The process of NATO taking full command of operations in Libya is expected to be completed "in a couple of days," a NATO spokeswoman said on Monday.
"Transition is under way. Nations are assigning assets to NATO authority as we speak. But... that transition is not instantaneous. It's a phased transition that's expected to take place over a couple of days," NATO spokeswoman Oana Lungescu said.
NATO member states agreed on Sunday that they would take full command of all operations in Libya, ending a week of heated negotiation over the command structure.
Canadian Lieutenant General Charles Bouchard, commander of the alliance operations, said NATO had already taken over the no-fly operation.