Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. 'FIRE WITH COURAGE FOR THE PARTY AND COUNTRY!'
North Korea's state media say leader Kim Jong Un ordered his engineers to launch a new intercontinental ballistic missile, a flight test where it demonstrated its reach deep into the U.S. mainland.
2. NBC NEWS FIRES MATT LAUER
The longtime "Today" show host was terminated for "inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace" and NBC News chairman Andy Lack says the network does not believe it was an isolated incident.
3. FACING TAX VOTE IN SENATE, TRUMP SEIZES ON CULTURAL FIGHTS
Ahead of a big tax vote, Trump brings attention to Pocahontas, NFL players who kneel during the national anthem, his disputes with the news media and Democrats who are "weak on crime."
4. WHAT POPE IS URGING IN MYANMAR
During a Mass in the predominantly Buddhist nation, the pontiff implores their long-suffering people to resist the temptation to exact revenge for the hurt they've endured.
5. BALI AIRPORT REOPENS, BUT VOLCANO STILL SPEWING ASH
Indonesia's president says the danger has not passed and urged anyone within mountain's exclusion zone on the resort island to get out "for the sake of their safety."
6. HOUSE TO VOTE ON MANDATORY SEXUAL HARASSMENT TRAINING
The vote comes amid a wave of accusations against lawmakers that has thrust the issue of gender hostility and discrimination onto Capitol Hill.
7. HOW IRAN IS CHALLENGING A TABOO
In a poor east Tehran neighborhood known for its drug addicts and dealers, a charity group is taking blood samples to test for the virus that causes AIDS.
8. 24-YEAR-OLD MAN ARRESTED IN TAMPA SERIAL KILLINGS
Police will charge Howell Emanuel Donaldson with four counts of first degree murder for a string of killings that have terrorized the neighborhood of Seminole Heights.
9. BLACK, LATINO ACTS RULE GRAMMY NOMINATIONS
Jay-Z and Bruno Mars dominate in the top categories, giving those who perform rap, R&B and Latin music a strong chance at taking home the biggest awards.
10. GIANTS STUN BY BENCHING ELI MANNING
The two-time MVP of the Super Bowl will see his consecutive games streak end after 13 seasons and 210 games.