Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. VEGAS KILLER'S GIRLFRIEND SAYS HE LEFT HER IN DARK
Marilou Danley says she had no idea of the massacre he was plotting when he sent her on a trip abroad to see her family.
2. TRUMP OFFERS PRAYERS, CONDOLENCES
Solemn in the face of tragedy, the president visits hospital bedsides and a vital police base in stricken Las Vegas.
3. WHY TILLERSON'S RELATIONSHIP WITH TRUMP IS UNDER SCRUTINY
A spokeswoman for the secretary of state denies an NBC report that he called the president a "moron" after a contentious meeting at the Pentagon.
4. DEBATE BEGINS ON US TAX OVERHAUL
Capitol Hill Republicans are advancing budget plans integral to the overhaul of the tax code that would add up to $1.5 trillion to U.S. debt.
5. WHAT'S SOURCE OF REVENUE FOR PYONGYANG
At a time when North Korea is banned from selling almost anything, seafood prepared by the country's workers has gone U.S. stores and homes, the AP determines.
6. CONGRESSMAN WON'T SEEK RE-ELECTION
The announcement by Rep. Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania comes amid revelations that the married anti-abortion lawmaker urged his mistress to get an abortion when he thought she was pregnant.
7. WHO'S IN NEED OF STIFF UPPER LIP
Embattled British Prime Minister Theresa May gives a speech during which she's plagued by a cough and interrupted by a prankster while parts of the backdrop fall down.
8. TURNS OUT SPUTNIK WASN'T TOTAL SURPRISE
Documents reveal that while the American public was stunned when the USSR launched the world's first artificial satellite 60 years ago, intelligence agencies weren't caught off-guard.
9. ROMAN POLANSKI FACES ASSAULT ACCUSATION
A German woman files a complaint alleging the Oscar-winning director sexually assaulted her 45 years ago in a Swiss resort town while she was in her mid-teens.
10. IN PITTSBURGH, DREAMS OF THREE-PEAT
As the NHL season begins, the Penguins are looking to become the first team to win three championships in a row since the Islanders dynasty of the early 1980s.