Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. PUERTO RICO'S RECOVERY FROM HURRICANE MARIA WILL TAKE MONTHS, OFFICIALS SAY
The Category 4 storm knocked out power across the entire U.S. territory and caused widespread damage at a time when it is in dire financial straits.
2. WHAT NEXT STEPS ARE CRUICIAL AFTER MEXICO'S QUAKE
Rescuers are struggling to free those trapped under the rubble, including at a collapsed school in Mexico City where at least 25 people died.
3. "IT WAS A SCENE OF HORROR ... WITH MOST OF THE PEOPLE INSIDE THE CHURCH DYING"
A priest's assistant was among only three people to survive when the roof of a church in one Mexican town collapsed during a 2-month-old baby's baptism.
4. WHO OFFERED TO BRIEF A RUSSIAN BILLIONAIRE ON TRUMP CAMPAIGN
Paul Manafort emailed a former employee and asked him to tell an oligarch considered close to Putin that he could give "private briefings."
5. TRUMP'S DECISION ON IRAN NUCLEAR DEAL STILL A MYSTERY
Not even the president's national security advisers have been told how the president plans to address what it considers flaws in the deal.
6. OKLAHOMA CITY POLICE FATALLY SHOOT DEAF MAN AT HIS HOME
Magdiel Sanchez's family says he couldn't have heard officers' commands to drop a metal pipe he was holding.
7. PENNSYLVANIA MAN SENTENCED FOR SEXUALLY ASSAULTING SIX GIRLS IN ONE FAMILY
Lee Donald Kaplan is sentenced to 30 to 87 years in prison for the assaults and impregnating one girl when she was just 14.
8. TRUMP'S MESSAGE FOR NEWLY SWORN-IN US CITIZENS
In videotaped remarks, the president welcomes them into the "American family" and urges them to help other newcomers assimilate.
9. SEC SAYS HACK MAY HAVE PROVIDED A BASIS FOR ILLEGAL TRADING
The 2016 cyber breach was caused by a "software vulnerability" in the system used to file financial market disclosure documents.
10. COUPLE GETS CHANCE TO REDO BOTCHED PROPOSAL
Late-night host Jimmy Kimmel gives the Missouri lovebirds a chance to re-enact the engagement that went awry when the man dropped the ring between the boards of the bridge on which he proposed.