Carbon monoxide in home sickens 4 officers, 8 others

AP News
|
Posted: Aug 15, 2017 8:22 AM

MOUNT OLIVE, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say 12 people, including four police officers, were sickened by carbon monoxide in a home in New Jersey.

Firefighters responded to the scene about 7:30 p.m. Monday to find people on the lawn outside the house in Mount Olive.

Tyler Wargo, a Flanders fire chief, says sensors detected carbon monoxide of about 1,600 ppm in the home. Five people were taken to a New York hospital.

Wargo says he couldn't comment on the cause, but officials have narrowed it down to something in the home.