Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. US TO PYONGYANG: DIPLOMATIC WINDOW CLOSING
Washington States warns that North Korea is "quickly closing off" the prospect of a diplomatic resolution to its nuclear provocations.
2. WHICH US MILITARY APPARATUS IS NOW FRONT AND CENTER
North Korea's newly demonstrated missile muscle puts pressure on the Pentagon's missile defenses like never before.
3. TRUMP OPENS TWO-NATION EUROPEAN TRIP
The president's sit-down with Putin is expected to be the attention-getter during the visit to Poland and Germany.
4. VIOLENCE CONVULSES VENEZUELAN CONGRESS
Pro-government militias wielding wooden sticks and metal bars storm congress and attack opposition lawmakers during a special session.
5. GUNMAN AMBUSHES, KILLS NYC COP
Some months before the attack, the man had ranted in a Facebook video about law officers getting away with killing and abusing people.
6. BRIGHTENING ECONOMY IMPACTING BOND HOLDINGS
Federal Reserve minutes show policymakers are grappling with when to start unloading $4.5 trillion in bonds that built up after the Great Recession.
7. TICKS GETTING LOTS OF INK, BUT MIGHT NOT DESERVE IT
Some recent headlines suggest Americans are facing a particularly bad year for tick bites and illnesses, but experts say it's too soon to tell.
8. FRESH EVIDENCE AIRING ON AMELIA EARHART
A two-hour documentary airing Sunday on the History channel claims to solve the mystery of the famous aviator's fate.
9. CELEB SUGGESTS HE'S BEING MUZZLED
Rob Kardashian says Instagram shut down his page following his flurry of posts attacking his former fiancée Blac Chyna.
10. WHO'S OUT AT WIMBLEDON AFTER SHOCKER
Two-time tournament champ Petra Kvitova is stunned in the second round by 95th-ranked American Madison Brengle.