REVERE, Mass. (AP) — Authorities say a boiler explosion in the basement of a suburban Boston home has killed a man.
The Massachusetts fire marshal's office says the victim had gone to check on the boiler in the Revere home at about 4:30 a.m. Wednesday when it exploded.
The blast blew out the basement windows.
The man's brother tells WBZ-AM that the home's heating system had been malfunctioning for several days and the victim was trying to fix it. Officials have not released the man's name.
Fire officials say the explosion was caused by over-pressurization. Nine other people escaped unharmed but have been displaced from the building.