Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
1. AT LEAST 29 DIE IN MEXICO FIREWORKS BLAST
Another 70 people are injured in the rolling explosions and fire that tore through the sprawling outdoor marketplace outside Mexico City.
2. WHICH COUNTRIES CAST THEMSELVES AS SYRIA DEAL-MAKERS
Russia, Turkey and Iran meet in Moscow, saying their cooperation could pave the way for a future settlement in the Syrian conflict.
3. GERMANY HUNTS FOR SUSPECT IN CHRISTMAS MARKET ATTACK
The Islamic State group claims responsibility for the truck attack that left 12 dead and 48 injured in Berlin.
4. CLUES SOUGHT IN RUSSIAN AMBASSADOR ASSASSINATION
Russian investigators and foreign ministry officials arrive in Turkey and inspect the art gallery where the shooting of Andrei Karlov took place.
5. WHERE OBAMA BANS FUTURE OIL LEASES
The outgoing president sets aside the bulk of U.S.-owned waters in the Arctic Ocean and certain areas in the Atlantic Ocean as indefinitely off limits to future oil and gas drilling.
6. VOLKSWAGEN REACHES DEAL IN EMISSIONS SCANDAL
The $1 billion settlement with the U.S. EPA will give owners of 20,000 3-liter diesel cars the choice of a buyback.
7. WHO FACES NEW CHARGES IN FLINT DRINKING WATER CRISIS
A state-appointed emergency manager and a former public works director are accused of keeping residents of the Michigan city on a lead-contaminated system.
8. U.S. STOCKS HIT RECORD HIGHS
The Dow closes up 91 points to a record 19,974 close.
9. NORTH CAROLINA LAWMAKERS TO WEIGH REPEAL OF 'BATHROOM BILL'
The law is best known for requiring transgender people to use restrooms corresponding to the sex on their birth certificate in many public buildings.
10. TUPAC, JOAN BAEZ, PEARL JAM MAKE ROCK HALL
Journey, Yes and ELO will also be inducted.