Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. EVACUATION POISED TO BEGIN ANEW IN ALEPPO
Warring sides confirm the evacuation of rebel fighters and thousands of civilians from the last sliver of the besieged eastern part of Aleppo is imminent.
2. WHAT CRITICS ARE SAYING ABOUT DRUGMAKERS' OPIOID SOLUTION
They say a nationwide lobbying campaign is distracting from more productive solutions and delaying crucial efforts to steer physicians away from prescription opioids , AP finds.
3. BORDER CITIES WORRY NAFTA'S END WOULD HURT ECONOMIES
Trump's vow to rip up the trade deal has unnerved many people in Texas and Arizona, which have boomed under the 1994 treaty .
4. YAHOO'S BIG BREACH HELPS USHER IN AN AGE OF HACKER ANXIETY
And since most of us are dependent on big organizations that hold our digital lives in their hands, in a broad sense that effectively means no one is safe.
5. DON'T EXPECT INSURRECTION IN ELECTORAL COLLEGE
There seems to be little appetite among Republican electors not to certify Trump as president, despite pleas by Democrats to abandon him.
6. REVOLUTIONARY GUARD FACES NEW FOE
The Iranian paramilitary force is facing diminished economic influence with the gradual opening of the country's economy after the nuclear deal with world powers.
7. FOR GITMO PRISONERS, UNCERTAIN TIMES
Guantanamo's future will soon be up to Trump, who has said he would prefer to keep it open and even "load it up with some bad dudes."
8. EARLY HOLIDAY PRESENT FOR POT SMOKERS
Massachusetts' voter-approved marijuana measure is now in effect, making it legal for adults to possess, grow and use limited amounts of weed.
9. DANGEROUSLY COLD TEMPS GRIP PARTS OF US
A storm in the Upper Midwest is expected to bring several inches of snow in coming days, while schools and officials in the Northeast brace for their own blast of wintry weather .
10. NBA HAPPY FOR NEW CBA
Around pro basketball, players are mostly thrilled by the news that the league and the union have struck a tentative deal for a new collective bargaining agreement .