University: Phone charger bursts into flames, student hurt

AP News
|
Posted: Nov 11, 2016 2:02 AM

GLASSBORO, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey university says a student has been taken to a hospital after his cellphone charger burst into flames.

Officials at Rowan University say a student was in the Chamberlain Student Center in Glassboro Thursday night when his cellphone charger caught fire inside his pants pocket.

Officials say the student grabbed the charger and a phone that were in the pocket and threw them to the ground.

The school says the student suffered a leg burn and was taken to a hospital for treatment.

The building was evacuated for a brief period.

School officials say they haven't determined the make or model of the charger.