Correction: Cuban Migrants-Search story

AP News
|
Posted: Sep 28, 2016 10:51 AM

MIAMI (AP) — In a story Sept. 27 about the search for missing Cuban migrants, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the boat left Cuba on Sept. 21. It left Sept. 20 and capsized Sept. 21.

A corrected version of the story is below:

Coast Guard searches for Cuban migrants from capsized boat

The U.S. Coast Guard has confirmed that four bodies found in two locations were those of Cuban migrants who had been on board a makeshift vessel that capsized off the Florida Keys last week

MIAMI (AP) — The U.S. Coast Guard has confirmed that four bodies found in two locations were those of Cuban migrants who had been on board a makeshift vessel that capsized off the Florida Keys last week.

In a news release, the agency said investigators are still trying to determine whether a fifth body found Saturday was part of the group that left Cuba on Sept. 20, and their vessel capsized the next day. The Coast Guard found three survivors on Monday who told them they had been on a boat with 23 people on board.

On Saturday, officials found three bodies about 20 miles off of Islamorada. A woman's body was found by Florida Fish and Wildlife officers near Big Munson Island on Monday.

Crews are still searching for survivors.