ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — More than 240 applications have been submitted to a compensation fund for the victims of the Pulse nightclub massacre in Orlando.
The deadline for submitting a claim to the fund is Monday. Jeff Dion, one of the officials administering the OneOrlando fund, says 245 applications were submitted as of Friday.
The fund has more than $23 million.
Forty-nine patrons were killed and another 53 people required hospitalization after gunman Omar Mateen opened fire at the nightclub last June.
Dion says families of the slain patrons will get the largest share of the fund. So far, 46 applications have been submitted in that category.
Sixty-six applications have been filed by patrons who were injured during the shooting, and 133 applications were filed by patrons who were in Pulse but uninjured.