Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. TRUMP PROMISES HUGE BOOST IN MILITARY SPENDING
The GOP candidate's plan calls for major increases in the number of active troops, fighter planes, Navy ships and submarines.
2. KERRY, LAVROV AGREE TO TALKS ON SYRIA
The U.S. secretary of state and Russian foreign minister will meet for extended discussions on ending the 5-year-old civil war.
3. WHAT'S COME AS A SURPRISE TO ECONOMISTS
Fear of a meltdown was the biggest weapon in the campaign to stop Britain from leaving the EU. But so far the economic indicators have been stable.
4. SAY GOODBYE TO THE IPHONE'S HEADPHONE JACK
The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus won't have the analog jack that's been a staple for decades in just about every consumer electronics device that can play audio.
5. STRENGTH OF OKLAHOMA EARTHQUAKE UPGRADED
A new measurement puts the weekend temblor at magnitude 5.8 — the most powerful quake ever recorded in the state.
6. WHO'S STEPPING DOWN IN WAKE OF TRUMP VISIT
One of President Enrique Pena Nieto's closest advisers resigns in a move seen as linked to the unpopular decision to invite the billionaire businessman to Mexico.
7. YOSEMITE ADDING 400 ACRES OF MEADOWS, FOREST
It's the national park's largest expansion in nearly 70 years. Officials say the new land will be preserved as habitat for protected wildlife.
8. WHICH COUPLES ARE SPLITTING MORE OFTEN
The divorce rate among U.S. adults ages 50 and older doubled between 1990 and 2010, a study shows.
9. 'EAT PRAY LOVE' AUTHOR GOES PUBLIC WITH RELATIONSHIP
Elizabeth Gilbert, who split from her husband in July, says she's in love with her best friend, a woman who was recently diagnosed with incurable cancer.
10. ANDY MURRAY BOUNCED OUT AT US OPEN
The No. 2 seed drops seven consecutive games after a let call caused by a loud noise in the arena's speaker system, and loses in five sets to Kei Nishikori.