Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. RIO THROWS FINAL PARTY TO SAY GOODBYE TO 2016 OLYMPICS
Rio de Janeiro and the world bid farewell to the first Olympic Games in South America with one last bash that also signals the transition to the 2020 Games in Japan.
2. YOUNG SUICIDE BOMBER KILLS 51 AT WEDDING IN TURKEY
The bombing in Gaziantep, which Turkey's president says the Islamic State terror group carried out, was the deadliest attack in Turkey this year.
3. FULL SLATE AWAITS OBAMA AS VACATION ENDS
The president heads to flood-ravaged south Louisiana on Tuesday, then will likely press Congress for money to fight the Zika virus and faces attacks over a $400M payment to Iran.
4. 'THE WATER, THE DIRT, THE SMELL.'
Sheila Siener of St. Amant, Louisiana, sums up what thousands of residents of the region are dealing with as they begin cleaning up after historic floods.
5. WHERE ZIKA POSES GREATEST THREAT IN US
Florida and other Gulf Coast states are most vulnerable to the spread of the disease, and Louisiana flooding may contribute to its spread, says Dr. Anthony Fauci of the National Institute of Health.
6. N. CAROLINA A SNAPSHOT OF TRUMP'S DIMINISHING TRADE APPEAL
In the state that may be the most pivotal to the Republican presidential nominee's White House bid, the audience for his chief economic pitch is shrinking by the day.
7. WHAT WAS IN SOME PILLS TAKEN FROM PRINCE'S HOUSE
Several tablets found at the rock star's estate after his death were counterfeit drugs containing the synthetic opioid fentanyl, an official close to the investigation tells the AP.
8. GAY SOUTH CAROLINA POLICE CHIEF RUNS FOR SHERIFF
If Crystal Moore is elected, she would also be the Palmetto State's first female sheriff.
9. WHO'S GAINING LEGAL PROTECTIONS IN MORE STATES
Illinois and six other states are giving nannies, housekeepers and private caregivers a domestic workers bill of rights.
10. US ROUTS SERBIA FOR IN RIO BASKETBALL FINAL
Kevin Durant scores 30 points as the American team captures its third straight Olympic gold.