Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. EMAILS OBTAINED BY AP SHOW TRUMP ADVISERS WAGED COVERT INFLUENCE CAMPAIGN FOR FOREIGN PARTY
A firm run by Donald Trump's campaign chairman attempted to sway American public opinion in favor of Ukraine's then pro-Russian government, and never disclosed their work as foreign agents as required under federal law.
2. TRUMP CONCEDES FOR FIRST TIME HE'S MADE COMMENTS THAT 'MAY HAVE CAUSED PAIN'
The GOP nominee offers an extended apology to those who may have been hurt by his caustic remarks, saying he regrets some of what he's said "in the heat of debate."
3. 2 AMERICAN SWIMMERS LEAVE RIO, BUT ROBBERY SCANDAL NOT OVER
As Gunnar Bentz and Jack Conger are whisked through airport security and onto a plane, the saga remains the biggest spectacle outside of the Olympic gates.
4. WHO IS BOLTING TOWARD HISTORY
After winning gold in the 200 meters, Friday's 4x100-meter relay final is all that's left now between Usain Bolt and a historic three golds at three straight Olympics.
5. WHERE HUNT FOR MISSING MALAYSIAN PLANE CONTINUES
Investigators are attempting to define a new search area by studying where in the Indian Ocean the first piece of wreckage recovered from the doomed Boeing 777 — a wing flap — most likely drifted.
6. WHAT UN NOW SAYS ABOUT ITS ROLE IN HAITI'S CHOLERA EPIDEMIC
It acknowledges for the first time that it was involved in the outbreak and needs to do "much more" to end the suffering of those affected.
7. WHY OBAMA ADMINISTRATION FACES RENEWED STORM OF REPUBLICAN CRITICISM
The White House acknowledges that a $400 million cash payment to Iran seven months ago was contingent on the release of a group of American prisoners.
8. WHEN LONG-AWAITED ALBUM COULD DROP
R&B artist and Grammy award-winning singer Frank Ocean releases a music film, "Endless," and a follow-up to his widely acclaimed debut album could come this weekend.
9. BIG DIVORCE SETTLEMENT TURNS INTO BIG DONATION
Amber Heard says she is giving away her entire $7 million settlement from Johnny Depp to a pair of charities.
10. WHICH LATE-NIGHT TV HOST GETS WARM SEND-OFF FROM JON STEWART
"I just decided to stop by and tell you, I love you," Stewart says to Larry Wilmore, whose "The Nightly Show" ends after a brief 19-month run on Comedy Central.