WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Three students involved in a fight that ended in a teenager's death at a Delaware school have been suspended, a school district spokeswoman said.
The girls have been out of Howard High School of Technology since the assault last week, New Castle County Vo-Tech School District spokeswoman Kathy Demarest said Tuesday. Sixteen-year-old Amy Joyner-Francis, a 10th-grader, was killed in the confrontation.
The girls' removal from the school was first reported by The News Journal.
Wilmington Police Chief Bobby Cummings says charges will be filed in the case, possibly by the end of the week.
School officials are hosting parent meetings this week to help address concerns and explain what counseling services are available at the school.
Meanwhile, police issued a statement Wednesday at the request of the victim's family urging people not to fall prey to Internet scammers purportedly trying to raise money for the family. The statement says the family has not and will not set up any online fundraisers or GoFundMe accounts.