Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. HOUSE REPUBLICANS WHO URGE DEFENSE HIKES GET MILLIONS IN DONATIONS
The 34 GOP lawmakers pressing for an $18 billion military budget increase have taken in $10 million in contributions from defense contractors.
2. WHOSE CAMPAIGN SPOKESMAN RESIGNS
Ted Cruz tells communications director Rick Tyler to quit for suggesting rival candidate Marco Rubio insulted the Bible.
3. KALAMAZOO SUSPECT ADMITS TO SHOOTINGS
Jason Dalton waives his rights against self-incrimination and confesses to the apparently random shootings that left six dead.
4. US, RUSSIA AGREE ON PLAN FOR SYRIA TRUCE
The cease-fire is set to begin Saturday, even as questions remain over enforcing and responding to violations of the truce.
5. WHY SANDY HOOK FAMILIES SUE GUN MAKER
6. SOME SECURITY EXPERTS SEE RISK IN FBI IPHONE UNLOCKING PLAN
Law enforcement wants Apple to write a program to break into one of the San Bernardino attackers smart phones, but some experts fear such a program could fall into the hands of hackers.
7. CDC: SOME LUMBER LIQUIDATORS' FLOORING POSES HEALTH RISKS
People exposed to certain types of the company's laminate flooring were three times more likely to get cancer than the health agency previously predicted.
8. WHAT STUDY SAYS IS RISING FASTER THAN ANY TIME IN 2,800 YEARS
Climate change is causing global sea levels to rise far beyond the three-inch historic average, an international team of scientists finds.
9. MEETING OBAMA GETS 106-YEAR-OLD WOMAN DANCING
Virginia McLaurin, an African-American grandmother born in 1909, could not contain her joy upon meeting the president and first lady at a White House reception.
10. LADY VOLS 31-YEAR RUN IN AP TOP 25 POLL ENDS
Tennessee falls out of The Associated Press women's basketball poll for the first time since 1985.