Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. SUSPECT IN FATAL MICHIGAN SHOOTINGS EXPECTED IN COURT
Authorities are looking into a report that Jason Dalton picked up at least one fare for the Uber ride-hailing service between killings.
2. WHICH ECHOES LINGER ON IN MIDEAST
Twenty five years after the first U.S. Marines swept across the border into Kuwait in the 1991 Gulf War, American forces find themselves battling the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria, and there are more conflicts and proxy wars besetting the region.
3. ACROSS EUROPE, HOMOSEXUAL AND TRANSGENDER MIGRANTS FACE ABUSE AT ASYLUM SHELTERS
This suggests that some refugees from conservative Muslim countries are bringing taboos against homosexuality into more liberal West.
4. HOW BATTLE OVER SCALIA VACANCY DEPARTS FROM HISTORIC NORM
The history of Supreme Court nominations is dominated by tales of picks the Senate debated and approved. But whoever Obama selects to fill the vacancy seems destined to not be one of those stories.
5. WHO WANTS TO FLY OVER U.S. WITH ADVANCED CAMERA
Russia will ask for permission to start operating surveillance planes amid warnings that such overflights are instrumental in Moscow's ability to collect intelligence, The AP learns.
6. VENEZUELA STRUGGLING TO TAKE ON ZIKA
Its medical system is teetering on the brink of collapse, and there's a lack of bug spray to prevent mosquito bites and contraceptives to avert pregnancies.
7. COMMON SOFTWARE WOULD HAVE LET FBI UNLOCK SHOOTER'S IPHONE
San Bernardino paid for — but never installed — technology to enable officials to access the county-owned phone of one of the killers.
8. NEW REPORT UNDERSCORES LACK OF DIVERSITY IN HOLLYWOOD
The study obtained by The AP finds that an "epidemic of invisibility" runs top to bottom through the film and TV industry for women, minorities and the LGBT community.
9. FACEBOOK'S ZUCKERBERG AT CROSSROADS IN CONNECTING THE GLOBE
Indian regulators ban a central element of his campaign because it provided access only to certain services rather than the full Internet.
10. HAMLIN FELT FOR TEAMMATE AFTER SNATCHING DAYTONA 500
"This is a great moment for me, but I feel awful for Matt because he's such a great friend," says the winner about Matt Kenseth.