Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. GOP RIPS OBAMA'S PLAN TO NAME SCALIA SUCCESSOR
High-profile Republicans say they intend to block any high court nominee the president chooses to replace Justice Antonin Scalia, who has died at 79.
2. WHAT TEXAS JUDGE DISCLOSES ABOUT SCALIA'S HEALTH ISSUES
Presidio County Judge Cinderela Guevara tells The AP that Scalia's doctor said the Supreme Court justice had a history of heart trouble, high blood pressure.
3. KENDRICK LAMAR WINS GRAMMY FOR BEST RAP ALBUM
Taylor Swift kicks off the awards show by performing her latest hit, "Out of the Woods."
4. POPE CELEBRATES MASS FOR MEXICAN INDIANS
The pontiff denounces the centuries-old exploitation and exclusion of the country's indigenous people in the southern Chiapas state during his Mexico trip.
5. AIRSTRIKES HIT SYRIA SCHOOL, 2 HOSPITALS
An independent human rights group says Russian warplanes struck the clinics and school, killing and wounding dozens of civilians.
6. WHO STUMPS FOR JEB IN SC PRIMARY RUNUP
Former president George W. Bush emerges from self-imposed political hibernation to hit campaign trail for his brother's sputtering White House bid.
7. WHY CANCER PATIENTS GET HUNG UP IN OBAMACARE'S TANGLED PAPERWORK
Hundreds of thousands of people lose subsidies under the health law, or even their policies, when they get tangled in a web of paperwork problems involving income, citizenship and taxes.
8. WHERE OBAMA OKs FIRST US FACTORY IN 50 YEARS
The president's administration approves a tractor company to build the first U.S. factory in Cuba in more than half a century.
9. LAB TAKES FIRST WESTMINSTER OBEDIENCE TITLE
Heart the 3-year-old Labrador retriever fetches heart-print pillows, wins Westminster's first-ever obedience award.
10. 'STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII' STARTS FILMING, ADDS DEL TORO
The sequel follows the box-office smash "The Force Awakens," and it's scheduled for release December 2017.