Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
1. FIREWORKS FLY IN FIRST ONE-ON-ONE DEMOCRATIC DEBATE
Hillary Clinton accuses Bernie Sanders of subjecting her to an "artful smear" while Sanders suggests the former secretary of state is a captive of America's political establishment.
2. WHAT'S POSING NEW CHALLENGE IN FIGHT TO HALT ZIKA
Two people in southeastern Brazil have contracted the virus through blood transfusions — perhaps the first instances of Zika spreading that way during the current outbreak.
3. DRUG EXEC ANGERS LAWMAKERS
A smirking Martin Shkreli takes the Fifth at a Capitol Hill hearing when asked about his jacking up of drug prices.
4. WHY POLICE SUSPECT GIRL'S SLAYING WAS CAREFULLY PLANNED
The two Virginia Tech students charged in the killing bought cleaning supplies and a shovel before arranging a pre-dawn rendezvous with the 13-year-old, a prosecutor alleges.
5. ISLAMIC STATE GROUP ADVANCES IN LIBYA
The extremists have taken advantage of the political chaos in the country to gain a foothold with worrying implications for the U.S. and Europe.
6. WHO'S PREPARED TO PUT BOOTS ON THE GROUND
A Saudi military spokesman says the kingdom is ready to send ground troops to Syria to fight the Islamic State group.
7. INTERNAL EMAILS DAMAGING TO MICHIGAN'S GOVERNOR
Rick Snyder's administration was aware of a surge in Legionnaires' disease potentially linked to Flint's water long before the governor reported the increase to the public last month.
8. 'OBAMACARE' BEATS EXPECTATIONS FOR SIGN-UPS
That means Republicans may find it harder to deliver on their promises the repeal the health care law.
9. FOUNDER OF EARTH, WIND & FIRE DIES AT 74
Maurice White's horn-driven band sold more than 90 million albums and made hits like "September," ''Shining Star" and "Boogie Wonderland."
10. TIME'S BEEN KIND TO NFL'S GOODELL
A year ago, the NFL was beset by Deflategate, the Ray Rice case and head trauma to former players. Today, the commissioner's job has never been safer.