MECHANICSBURG, Pa. (AP) — A fire has destroyed a central Pennsylvania home where Poison lead singer Bret Michaels once lived as a child.
Upper Allen Township Fire Chief Jim Salter says firefighters had trouble battling the Mechanicsburg fire Wednesday afternoon because nearby hydrants were buried in snow.
Five children and two adults were able to escape safely. Salter says one family member was taken to a hospital for an evaluation.
An official with Bret Michaels Entertainment tells The Sentinel of Carlisle (http://bit.ly/1NCnCzK ) says the singer lived at the house between the ages of six and 17.
Firefighters say a cooking accident is thought to have ignited the blaze at the ranch-style home.
Michaels posted on his website that his "thoughts and prayers" go out to the family. He says he has great memories of growing up in the home.