Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
1. WHERE NOR'EASTER IS TAKING AIM
Washington, D.C., looks like the bull's-eye of this weekend's blizzard, with New York City also likely to see heavy snow, the U.S. weather service says.
2. RUSSIA DENOUNCES FINDINGS IN CASE OF POISONED SPY
The conclusion by British investigators that Putin likely approved the killing of Kremlin critic Alexander Litvinenko "cannot be accepted by us a verdict," a spokesman for the Russian leader says.
3. WHICH QUESTION PERSISTS IN FLINT, MICHIGAN
Residents wonder whether their complaints about lead-tainted water would have been addressed sooner if the city was wealthier and whiter.
4. EX-OKLAHOMA CITY POLICE OFFICER ORDERED TO SPEND REST OF HIS LIFE BEHIND BARS
Daniel Holtzclaw was convicted of raping and sexually victimizing women while on his beat in one of the city's low-income neighborhoods.
5. WHY SOME REPUBLICANS AREN'T GUNG-HO FOR CRUZ
They fear the Texas senator could ruin the GOP's chances of hanging onto control of the Senate in November, alienating voters with his hardline stances on issues from immigration to abortion.
6. ISLAMIC EXTREMISTS CLAIM DEADLY ATTACK IN SOMALIA
A suicide bomber rams the gates of a restaurant in the capital of Mogadishu before gunmen fight their way into the building, killing at last three.
7. WHO'S LEADING DIVERSITY CHARGE IN ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY
Where the movies have lagged, television has recently exploded with diversity across the dial.
8. CURTAIN COMING UP ON RARE HEAVENLY SHOW
Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn are gathering together in the pre-dawn sky for the first time in more than a decade.
9. CANINE NEWCOMERS CHASING WESTMINSTER RIBBONS
The Westminster Kennel Club dog show will feature a bumper crop of seven new breeds, the most added since at least 2000.
10. ADELE OUTPACES PSY IN YOUTUBE RACE
The streaming service says that her music video for "Hello" greeted its 1 billionth view in 87 days, breaking the 158-day record held by Psy's "Gangnam Style."