Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. ABDUCTION OF 3 AMERICANS RAISES BAGHDAD SECURITY FEARS
The kidnapping comes at a time of deteriorating security in and around the Iraqi capital after months of relative calm.
2. WITH SANCTIONS GONE, IRAN PLANS MORE OIL EXPORTS
Tehran intends to boost its crude output by 500,000 barrels a day, which could drive oil prices down further amid a global glut.
3. WHAT'S GOP'S TOP QUESTION AS IOWA CAUCUSES NEAR
Does Donald Trump merely have fans, or does the Republican front-runner have voters who will mobilize come caucus day?
4. ROCK REBEL GLENN FREY, EAGLES CO-FOUNDER, DIES AT 67
Frey, who along with Don Henley became one of history's most successful songwriting teams with such hits as "Hotel California" and "Life in the Fast Lane," dies after battling multiple ailments.
5. WHO EMBRACES OBAMA AS PRIMARY FIGHT SLOGS ON
Hillary Clinton is aligning herself with the current president and his policies in hopes of shoring up support from African-American voters.
6. WHERE CONCERNS RISE OVER INJECTION WELLS, QUAKES
Eighty-eight earthquakes of 2.7 magnitude or stronger have hit Oklahoma this month, and experts point to wastewater injection wells from oil and gas drilling.
7. HOW OCEANS PROVIDE FURTHER CLIMATE CHANGE EVIDENCE
The amount of man-made heat energy absorbed by the seas has doubled since 1997, a new study shows.
8. FLINT MAYOR APPEALS TO WASHINGTON OVER CONTAMINATED WATER
The Michigan mayor is asking for a federal disaster declaration as a lead-tainted drinking water crisis continues.
9. SPIKE LEE LEADS CALLS FOR OSCAR BOYCOTT
The director and actor Jada Pinkett Smith decry the absence of people of color in films nominated for Academy Awards.
10. IT'S TIME TO NAME SUSPECTED MATCH-FIXERS, FEDERER SAYS
The No. 3-ranked tennis star responds to reports by BBC and BuzzFeed News that tennis authorities have suppressed evidence of match-fixing in the sport.