Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. DALLAS-AREA TORNADOES LEAVE AT LEAST 11 DEAD
Dozens are also left injured by the tornadoes — the latest in a succession of severe storms across the U.S.
2. RELATIVES LASH OUT AFTER LATEST CHICAGO POLICE SHOOTING
Grieving family and friends of two people shot and killed by Chicago police say the slayings raise concerns about why officers "shoot first and ask questions later."
3. HELICOPTER COLLISIONS WITH BIRDS ARE ON RISE
There were 204 reported helicopter bird strikes in 2013 — an increase of over 700 percent since the early 2000s, due in part to an uptick in some waterfowl populations, the FAA says.
4. WHAT COULD EMERGE AS MAJOR 2016 CAMPAIGN ISSUE
With Republicans and Democrats deeply split over abortion, activists foresee White House candidates staking out more aggressive positions than in previous elections.
5. IRAQ'S OFFFENSIVE TO RETAKE RAMADI SLOWS
Islamic State fighters are putting up strong resistance against advancing Iraqi troops in the provincial capital, a senior Iraqi commander says.
6. 'STAR WARS' RAKES IN $1 BILLION AT BOX OFFICE
'The Force Awakens' sets a record by hitting the mark in just 12 days.
7. WHY CALIFORNIA'S CENTRAL VALLEY IS SINKING
Years of drought and heavy reliance on pumping of groundwater is causing the land to sink faster than ever up and down the Central Valley, costing billions of dollars in infrastructure repairs.
8. ISRAELI LIBERALS CRY FOUL OVER FUNDING DISCLOSURE BILL
The move to impose new disclosure requirements on nonprofit groups that receive foreign funds draws accusations the government is trying to crack down on its critics.
9. GIANT STRAW SWEDISH GOAT ONCE AGAIN GOES UP IN FLAMES
Police say they arrest a suspect who set ablaze a giant decorative goat that's a beloved Christmas symbol in the city of Gavle.
10. WHO LOSES BID FOR UNDEFEATED SEASON
Cam Newton and the Panthers suffer a 20-13 defeat to the Falcons, and Carolina's record goes to 14-1.