Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. WHY TED CRUZ WILL BE IN SPOTLIGHT AT GOP DEBATE
The senator's rise in Iowa, home to the campaign's kickoff caucuses, makes him a top target for Trump, Marco Rubio and other rivals.
2. BERGDAHL TO BE COURT-MARTIALED
If convicted, the Army sergeant who walked off his post in Afghanistan could be sentenced to life in prison.
3. SUPPORT GROWS FOR SENDING US TROOPS TO FIGHT ISLAMIC STATE GROUP
The percentage of Americans who favor deploying ground troops against the extremists has risen from 31 percent to 42 percent over the past year in AP-GfK polling.
4. HOW DISNEY GOT SET FOR 'STAR WARS' PREMIERE
The film studio took over a half-mile of Hollywood Boulevard, with spotlights everywhere and bleachers for fans.
5. AMERICAN YOUNGSTERS FEEL MUSLIM BACKLASH
Parents say their children hear comments, see hateful bumper stickers and T-shirts, and have had friends abandon them because of their faith.
6. WHAT OBAMA SEES AS IMPORTANT PART OF LEGACY
He's counting on the global climate accord to allow him to leave a lasting imprint on the planet.
7. EGYPT: NO SIGN OF TERRORISM IN DEADLY CRASH OF RUSSIAN JET IN SINAI
The preliminary finding conflicts with Russian, U.S. and British beliefs that a bomb on the aircraft probably was to blame.
8. US TO REQUIRE DRONES TO BE REGISTERED
The move comes at a time when the Federal Aviation Administration is receiving more than 100 reports a month about drones flying near manned aircraft.
9. BILL COSBY FIRES BACK
The entertainer countersues seven women, saying they made false accusations in their lawsuits against him.
10. PETE ROSE'S BID FOR REINSTATEMENT TO BASEBALL FAILS
Commissioner Rob Manfred says Rose hasn't quit gambling and would be a risk to the sport's integrity if he was allowed back in the game.