Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
1. TRUMP'S CALL TO BAN MUSLIM VISITORS TO US WIDELY CONDEMNED
The candidate's proposal is blasted as bigoted, unconstitutional and potentially dangerous for American interests abroad.
2. WHICH RIFT CHICAGO NEEDS TO MEND
The city's longstanding reputation for police misconduct and brutality shattered relations with the black community long ago.
3. VENEZUELAN OPPOSITION WINS KEY LEGISLATIVE MAJORITY
The election results dramatically strengthen the opposition's hand in any bid to wrest power from President Maduro after 17 years of socialist rule.
4. SYRIAN REBELS RETREATING FROM DEVASTATED HOMS
Many neighborhoods are ravaged and deserted after more than four years of civil war, providing enormous challenges for the government as it reasserts its authority in the historic city.
5. WHO'S WISHING FOR SNOW
Some business owners in the Northeast who depend on wintry weather are beginning to get anxious about the warm, snowless fall.
6. US GOVERNMENT UPDATES 5-STAR SAFETY RATINGS
The ratings system for new cars will now include whether a vehicle has technology to avoid crashes, such as automatic braking.
7. WHAT'S LATEST IN BREAST CANCER TREATMENT
The FDA says it will allow marketing of a system that chills patients' scalps to reduce the hair loss that is common during chemotherapy.
8. ENVIRONMENTALIST, CO-FOUNDER OF NORTH FACE CLOTHING DIES AFTER KAYAK ACCIDENT
Doug Tompkins, 72, succumbs to hypothermia after his boat capsizes in a lake in the southern region of Patagonia.
9. REALITY SHOW SHOWCASES PASTORS, NOT POP STARS
Oxygen's "Rich in Faith" features Rich Wilkerson Jr. and his wife DawnChere as they launch a youth-oriented Miami church.
10. CAN'T COUNT NFL'S COWBOYS OUT JUST YET
Dallas has won twice in 10 weeks — and yet at 4-8 is just a game out of a three-way tie for the lead in the woeful NFC East.