Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. ATTACK LEAVES 14 DEAD AT CALIFORNIA SOCIAL SERVICES CENTER
The motive remains unclear for the carnage carried out by as many as three gunmen believed to be wearing military-style gear.
2. BRITISH LAWMAKERS VOTE TO LAUNCH AIRSTRIKES ON ISLAMIC STATE EXTREMISTS IN SYRIA
The decision to join the international military campaign comes after Prime Minister Cameron warns that Britain must strike the militants and not "sit back and wait for them to attack us."
3. WHY HEALTH CARE SPENDING IS GROWING IN US
Last year's increase — the most since Obama took office — is being attributed to expanded coverage under "Obamacare" and zooming prescription drug prices.
4. WHAT'S EMERGED AS MOST EFFECTIVE FIGHTING FORCE AGAINST ISLAMIC STATE GROUP
A U.S.-backed alliance called the Syrian Democratic Forces draws on thousands of combatants from Syria's mix of religious and ethnic groups.
5. TRIAL OPENS FOR BALTIMORE OFFICER IN FREDDIE GRAY CASE
William Porter was among officers riding in a police van when the suspect, who prosecutors say was not restrained by a seat belt, suffered a fatal broken neck.
6. HOUSE VOTES TO REWRITE 'NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND'
The bill, which now goes to the Senate, sharply scales back the federal role in American education.
7. WHY MOSCOW'S SPAT WITH ANKARA IS WORSENING
Russia's top military brass accuses Turkey's president and his family of personally profiting from oil trade with Islamic State militants.
8. TEXAS SUES FEDS TO BLOCK SYRIAN REFUGEES
The lawsuit comes after the announcement of a plan to place six refugees in Dallas over the objections of the state's Republican governor.
9. AFTER DELAYS, NASA RESUMING COMMERCIAL SHIPMENTS TO SPACE STATION
The last successful U.S. supply run was in April — and the 250-mile-high pantry isn't as full as it should be.
10. 'CYBER MONDAY' BIGGEST ONLINE SHOPPING DAY EVER
Shopping by phone, laptop or tablet jumped 21 percent to $3.11 billion, fueled by a surge in spending via mobile devices.