Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. WHOM CANADIANS ELECT TO RUN THE GOVERNMENT
Justin Trudeau, the son of late Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, becomes Canada's new prime minister after his Liberal Party won a majority of Parliament's 338 seats.
2. WHERE THE DEATH OF A MIGRANT HAS TRIGGERED NATIONAL SOUL-SEARCHING
After an Eritrean was killed after being mistaken for an attacker, Israelis reflect on how they are reacting to recent Palestinian violence.
3. OSCAR PISTORIUS PUT UNDER HOUSE ARREST
The double-amputee Olympic runner, who fatally shot his girlfriend on Valentine's Day 2013, had been in a prison in Pretoria, the South African capital.
4. MIGRANTS NO LONGER STUCK IN SERBIA, MOVE INTO CROATIA
They leave behind a field scattered with soaked blankets, mud-caked clothing and water-logged tents after authorities eased restrictions.
5. AGING MOBSTER ON TRIAL FOR HEIST DRAMATIZED IN MOVIE 'GOODFELLAS'
Vincent Asaro is accused of being involved in the $6 million Lufthansa holdup in 1978, a legendary theft dramatized in the hit film.
6. POPE'S SUMMIT ON FAMILY ISSUES NOT LIKELY TO CHANGE DOCTRINE ON HOMOSEXUALITY OR DIVORCE
However, things have definitely evolved: African bishops play a bigger role and calls have surfaced to stop calling gays "intrinsically disordered".
7. WHEN STATE'S CYBERSECURITY SUFFERED
The State Department was among the worst government agencies at protecting its computer networks while Hillary Clinton was secretary from 2009 to 2013, the AP finds.
8. OHIO DELAYS EXECUTIONS UNTIL AT LEAST 2017
The state has run out of supplies of lethal injection drugs and has failed to find new ones, including from overseas.
9. UNITED AIRLINES NAMES NEW ACTING CEO
The company's general counsel Brett J. Hart will take over for Oscar Munoz, who suffered a heart attack about a month into the job.
10. CHARITY EVENT IN ALASKA WILL NOT BE CALLED A SLAVE AUCTION ANYMORE
Organizers say the activity, where people bid for volunteers, will change its name after the NAACP complained.