PHOENIX (AP) — The latest on a series of freeway shootings in the Phoenix area (all times local):
Authorities say two incidents in Phoenix of vehicles with shattered windows are not related to a string of freeway shootings.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety says a driver traveling on the interstate where several of the incidents occurred reported a damaged window Saturday.
But investigators say road debris caused the damage.
They say another car's shattered window is attributed to a street sweeper.
Investigators detained a 19-year-old man for questioning about the recent shootings on Friday.
He is being held in jail without bond for an outstanding warrant on a probation violation.
But authorities say he is not a prime suspect.
A man questioned in a string of Phoenix freeway shootings is being held in jail without bond because authorities say he had a warrant out for his arrest on a probation violation.
Authorities declined to say why the 19-year-old had been brought in for questioning, but booked him on an unrelated marijuana possession charge Friday.
He had his initial court appearance on the marijuana charge on Saturday morning.
He pleaded guilty a month ago to an endangerment charge in Maricopa County Superior Court.
His sentencing was scheduled for Thursday, but it's not clear whether that hearing took place.
Officials say the man was booked in May on an allegation of car racing.
A message left for Laura Anderson, his attorney in the endangerment case, wasn't immediately returned.
He faces a probation hearing Friday.
Police say a man questioned in a string of Phoenix freeway shootings isn't the prime suspect and they are pressing ahead with leads in a case that has left the city on edge for two weeks.
Arizona Department of Public Safety spokesman Bart Graves said Saturday that the 19-year-old man detained is a person of interest, but he declined to say what led police to question him. He has been booked into jail on an unrelated marijuana possession charge.
Graves says the investigation is moving forward and authorities aren't concerned about the public growing complacent now that someone has been questioned. Police are still seeking tips, with freeway message boards continuing to flash a tip line number.
People who answered phones registered to the man's address said they weren't related to him.
This story has been corrected to reflect that the man in custody had his initial court appearance on Saturday, not Friday as authorities originally reported.