PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The mother of a University of Pennsylvania nursing student who allegedly purchased cyanide on Amazon.com and used it to take her own life is suing the Philadelphia school and online retailer.
The Philadelphia Inquirer reports (http://bit.ly/1NR3xLu ) 20-year-old junior Arya Singh died on Feb. 8, 2013 after ingesting soluble cyanide crystals in her dorm room.
The suit alleges the university failed to support Singh after her life deteriorated following a 2011 sexual assault by another student, who remained on campus even after the assault was reported.
Amazon began blocking sales of cyanide on Feb. 2, 2013, but the lawsuit alleges the chemical was sold through the website at least 51 times before Singh's purchase.
Attorneys for Amazon and the university say they won't comment on pending litigation.
Information from: The Philadelphia Inquirer, http://www.inquirer.com