Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
1. JUDGE SENDS KENTUCKY COURT CLERK TO JAIL
The contempt order follows Kim Davis' insistence that her "conscience will not allow" her to heed federal rulings and grant marriage licenses to gay couples.
2. PHOTO OF DEAD CHILD ON BEACH HAUNTS, FRUSTRATES
The image of little Aylan Kurdi is hammering home the Syrian migrant crisis to the world, largely through social media.
3. TOM BRADY BEATS NFL
In tossing the quarterback's four-game suspension, a judge says NFL Commissioner Goodell failed to follow the rules in the collective bargaining agreement.
4. TRUMP RULES OUT RUN AS INDEPENDENT
The candidate signs a pledge vowing to support whoever wins the GOP nomination — something he refused to do at last month's debate.
5. WHO'S DECLINING TO TESTIFY BEFORE CONGRESS
Bryan Pagliano, a former State Department staffer who helped set up Hillary Clinton's private email server, says he'll assert his constitutional right not to appear before a House panel.
6. FRENCH INVESTIGATORS LINK DEBRIS TO MISSING PLANE
Serial numbers show that a wing part found on a remote island in the Indian Ocean was from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
7. WHY POPE FRANCIS SLIPPED OUT OF VATICAN
The pontiff needed new glasses. So he tooled over to a Rome eyeglass shop in his Ford Focus.
8. MTV DRAWS HEAT FOR MARIJUANA REFERENCES AT VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS
Show host Miley Cyrus made most of the comments, which critics say glorified pot.
8. WHICH GENERATION IS DOWN ON ITSELF
Significant numbers of U.S. millennials describe their generation as "self-absorbed," ''wasteful" and "greedy," a survey shows.
10. AMERICAN PHAROAH TO RUN AGAIN
Before he's retired at year's end, the triple crown winner will compete in the $5 million Breeders Cup Classic in October.