Lamp in iguana cage sparks fire in school; reptile rescued

AP News
|
Posted: Aug 21, 2015 8:57 AM

HUDSON, N.H. (AP) — Officials say a malfunction in a lamp keeping an iguana warm sparked a fire in a New Hampshire high school.

WMUR-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1E87xDY ) that firefighters were called to the Alvirne High School shortly after 8 p.m. Thursday. When they arrived, smoke was coming out of windows from all three floors of the school in Hudson, near the Massachusetts state line.

Firefighters found the burning cage in a classroom. No humans or reptiles were injured.