Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
1. 'OBAMACARE' SIGN-UPS PUSH SHARE OF UNINSURED AMERICANS UNDER 10 PERCENT
The enrollment gains underscore how hard it could be for Republicans to dismantle the program.
2. KURDS ALLEGE ISLAMIC STATE GROUP USING CHEMICAL WEAPONS
Confirmation of the use of such weapons would mark a dramatic turn in the U.S.-led effort to rout the extremists from territory they have seized in Iraq and Syria.
3. US RETURNS STOLEN PICASSO TO FRANCE
The painting, valued at $15 million, was stolen from a Paris museum more than a decade ago and seized by immigration officials late last year in New Jersey.
4. FORECASTERS WARN OF POWERFUL EL NINO
This year's El Nino weather pattern could be one of the most potent weather changers of the past 65 years, federal meteorologists say.
5. KENTUCKY COUNTY'S RESISTANCE TO GAY MARRIAGE SPARKS DEJA VU
Some liken the refusal of the Rowan County clerk to issue licenses to same-sex couples to the defiance of local officials five decades ago when the Supreme Court legalized interracial marriage.
6. HOW SAMSUNG HOPES TO GET JUMP ON APPLE
The Korean manufacturer unveils two new Android smartphones with jumbo screens ahead of new iPhones expected from its rival.
7. DNA TEST REWRITES HISTORY
A genetic analysis proves that President Warren G. Harding fathered a child with his long-rumored mistress.
8. BACK-TO-SCHOOL SHOPPING: IT'S ALL IN THE TIMING
Need sweaters, boots, jeans? For the best deals, wait until later in the fall. But for pens, notebooks and other supplies, buy now.
9. WHY SOME WONDER WHETHER KARDASHIAN FATIGUE HAS SET IN
Tell-tale signs include a new Internet browser extension called "KardBlock" that filters out the Jenners and the Kardashians.
10. JORDAN SPIETH OFF TO DECENT START AT PGA CHAMPIONSHIP
The 21-year-old, trying to become the first player to win all three American majors in a single year, shoots an opening-round 1-under 71.